WHAT: The 40th annual Progressive Insurance Atlantic City Boat Show®docksat the Atlantic City Convention Center February 26 – March 1 featuring over 550 boats and family activities to give water lovers and boating enthusiasts alike an all-access pass to discover why life is better with a boat. Boat hop and shop magnificent motor yachts, tricked out runabouts, serious center consoles and watersports boats, with a full selection of boats for every budget and lifestyle, including boats that can be financed for less than $250 a month. Plus, explore new technologies, meet Twiggy the Waterskiing Squirrel, experience paddlesports in an indoor paddle pool, and talk with experts about all aspects of boating, fishing and fun on the water at the new Discover Boating Experience.
WHEN: Wednesday – Sunday, February 26 - March 1, 2020
Wednesday – Friday: 11:00 am - 8:00 pm; Saturday: 10:00 am - 8:00 pm; Sunday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
WHERE: Atlantic City Convention Center, One Convention Blvd, Atlantic City, New Jersey
Now take the Atlantic City Rail Line directly to the Show! For specific arrival details by train, bus and car, visit ACBoatShow.com
TICKETS: $15 for advance tickets purchased online by 2/25/20 at ACBoatShow.com$17 for adults during the days of the Show; children 12 and under get in FREE. Super Thursday Tickets $5 after 5 p.m. Thursday, February 27 ONLY.
- NEW! Twiggy the Waterskiing Squirrel – The world’s most famous waterskiing squirrel is coming to the Boat Show! Twiggy will amaze and entertain as she waterskies behind a radio-controlled boat in her very own pool.
- NEW! The Discover Boating Experience (DBX) is a new ‘Hub for Boaters,’ providing the perfect place to mingle, relax and experience the boating lifestyle. The new interactive space features expert demos, educational seminars plus refreshments, live music on the weekend, and so much more!
- NEW! New Jersey SkillsUSA State Championships gives boating tech students and pros of tomorrow the opportunity to compete in a statewide contest, connect with NJ boating businesses and showcase their skills. The gold medal winner from the Show goes on to the national competition, and it all happens during Career Day at the Boat Show.
- Tour the Queen of the Show and her Court of Beauties: Boat Show tradition dictates that the largest boat at the show each year is named the Queen, and the 2020 title goes to the 46 Viking Billfish. The Queen’s court includes the 44 Tiara Coupe, Formula 430SS and other luxurious craft featuring innovations like joystick docking and virtual anchoring, as well as creature comforts including retractable sunroofs, on deck grills, and more.
- Shop, Save & Win Big on “Super Thursday” – Elevate savings, shopping and boat show fun to superstar levels at the annual “Super Thursday” on Thursday, February 27. Super Thursday specials include even deeper savings on the best in boating, plus $5 off after 5 p.m. on tickets, $5 parking all day at the Wave Garage, food & drink specials, and exclusive giveaways including overnight accommodations, restaurant certificates, and more courtesy of Meet AC!
- Progressive Insurance Booth: Boost nautical know-how with top-notch mariners and hands-on boating courses for all levels of experience with the Annapolis School of Seamanship – plus, try Progressive’s immersive Oculus Rift virtual reality experience.
- Fishing Simulator & Go Fishing Friday – Feel the strike! Watch the rod bend! Experience the pull as your fish runs for the bottom! This interactive fishing simulator is as "reel" as it gets without getting your line wet. Friendly competition happens all day every day, plus, on Friday, February 28, from 5:00-7:00pm, fishing fanatics can watch see fishing pros battle for the bragging rights of Best Angler and register into the tournament for your chance to win a prize. Plus, enjoy a fish fry, sharpen your angling skills at one of the Discover Fishing seminars, and check out hundreds of fishing boats and thousands of fishing accessories.
- Step On & Go at the Indoor Paddle Pool! Dive into paddlesports fun at the new 20x30 foot indoor paddle pool with trials and demos of stand up “pedal” boards, kayaks and more thanks to Fin-atics Marine in Ocean City, NJ!
- Catch more fish at Discover Fishing sessions by the Recreational Fishing Association, The Fisherman magazine and Canyon Runner Sportfishing. Fishing fans will learn expert tips and techniques on saltwater, freshwater, inshore and offshore fishing from the pros.
- Support “Let Us Eat, Please” – Did you know 1 in 7 kids in New Jersey are hungry on a regular basis? Help make a difference on Thursday, February 27 at the Progressive Insurance Atlantic City Boat Show’s Captain’s Table Gala, a special fundraiser for “Let Us Eat, Please” and the Community Food Bank of New Jersey, local nonprofits that help deliver meals to kids in need.
- Annual favorites also return, including Kids Create-a-Boat, Sand Art with John Gowdy, the Classic & Race Boat Display and the Miss GEICO race boat, the world’s fastest catamaran breaking speeds of 200 mph!
NATIONAL BOAT SHOW & BOATING INDUSTRY FACTS & FIGURES*
- The U.S. boating industry generates $170.3 billion in economic activity.
- Annual U.S. sales of boats, marine products and services are estimated to total $42 billion in 2019.
- Retail unit sales of new powerboats in 2019 are expected to total approximately 280,000 units. Leading sales are wakesports boats, personal watercraft, and cruisers between 22 and 32 feet.
- There are 35,000 marine businesses in the U.S. supporting 690,000 direct and indirect jobs.
- Outdoor recreation accounts for 2.2 percent of U.S. GDP, generating $778 billion in gross economic output—on par with the telecommunications industry (2.3 percent)—of which recreational boating and fishing is the single largest segment, contributing nearly $40 billion in gross output. (Source: U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Economic Analysis)
- 95% of boats sold in the U.S. are made in the U.S.
- 84% of U.S. Boat Manufacturers are small businesses
- 95% of boats in the U.S. are small, towable boats under 26 feet
- 142 million Americans go boating each year.
NEW JERSEY & PENNSYLVANIA BOATING INDUSTRY FACTS & FIGURES*
- Economic Impact: Boating is Big Business
- New Jersey’s boating industry has a total economic impact of $6.6 billion.
- Pennsylvania’s boating industry has a total economic impact of $3.8 billion.
- Atlantic City Metro New Jersey’s boating industry has a total economic impact of $164 million.
- Sales on the Rise
- New Jersey’s boating industry grew to more than $411 million in sales in 2018
- Pennsylvania’s boating industry grew to more than $418 million in sales in 2018
- Jobs Growth
- New Jersey boating industry supports 28,696 direct and indirect jobs
- Pennsylvania’s boating industry supports 18,355 direct and indirect jobs
- Atlantic City Metro New Jersey’s boating industry supports 1,307 direct and indirect jobs
*Source: National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA)
MEDIA CONTACTS: Carrie Waible (646-423-0230 or email@example.com) and Amanda Brokaw (917-238-0204 or Amanda@cwandco.com) for press materials, photos, interviews, special access & live remotes.